Repair Loaner Programs
If you have an Apple® laptop , you will have the option to enroll in our repair loaner program. Technology Connection’s repair loaner program is often included at no additional cost when purchasing an Apple computer through Technology Connection during our back to school specials.
This program allows students who have purchased a MacBook from Technology Connection and have brought it to Technology Connection for repair to make use of a loaner MacBook while their computer is being repaired.
To be eligible for a loaner while your computer is at Technology Connection being repairedyou must meet the following requirements:
- Have purchased an eligible Apple MacBook model from an authorized Apple Store.
- The computer must have been enrolled in the loaner program at the time of purchase or you must purchase one of our after-the-purchase loaner program options.
- Loaner coverage is good for a maximum of 4 years, for as long as the student remains enrolled at Tulane University.
- Repair loaners must be returned within two business days of notification of completed repair. If returned late, users are subject to daily fees.
- Repair loaners must be returned in the same condition as issued. Damage or loss will be billed to the user.
- Loaners are on a first-come basis and are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed at peak periods.
- Loaner computers may not be exact matches to the computer covered by the loaner program. Loaners will be modern MacBook computers and come preloaded with basic software supported by Tulane.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Should you need to check in your computer for repair, we will verify your participation in one of the loaner programs and if applicable, offer you the applicable loaner.
Repair loaners must be returned within two business days of notification that your computer repair is complete and ready for pick-up or within two days of declining repair work. If the loaner is returned after the return due date, the borrower is subject to additional published fees. The repair loaner is to be returned in the same condition as issued. The user is responsible for any damage or loss which occurs.
Technology Connection is not responsible for damage to the borrowers’ data storage device(s) or loss of data including applications. Customers are responsible for their own backups. We highly recommend you back up your computer daily, and before any services are performed.
Repair Loaner Fees
$99 Repair Loaner program when purchased at same time of computer purchase from Technology Connection.
$149 Repair Loaner program when purchased after the purchase of a computer from Technology Connection, or if the computer was purchased elsewhere.
$79 Single occurrence loaner program. Use of a repair loaner while your computer is in for a repair at Technology Connection if you had not previously purchased the loaner program.
$20 per day fee for loaners not returned within two days of notification of completion of a repair. Both weekdays and weekend days will be counted.
$50 and up for backup or transfer of data between devices.
$1399 plus tax - Cost for loaners which are not returned or are catastrophically destroyed.
(Partial damage to loaners will be charged based on the cost to repair back to a similar condition when the loaner was checked out.)
Terms updated June 15, 2023 and are subject to change.
Previous Loaner Programs:
If you enrolled in Technology Connection's Loaner Program before July 2017, click here.
Technology Connection offers an industry-unique loaner program on select computers. Depending on the model of the computer you purchase from Technology Connection, we may offer either a "hot swap" loaner or a loaner laptop with generic software.
If you enrolled in Technology Connection's Loaner Program before July 2016, click below: