Repair Loaner Programs
If you purchase any Apple MacBook Pro® from Technology Connection, you will have the option to enroll in our repair loaner program.
This program allows students who have purchased a MacBook Pro from Technology Connection and have brought it to Technology Connection for repair to make use of a loaner MacBook Pro while your computer is being repaired. If conditions allow, Technology Connection will even transfer your data over from your broken computer onto the loaner computer, so that students can continue working with their applications and data while their laptop is being repaired. If possible, we will even transfer your old hard drive into the loaner computer during the repair (this is not possible in all cases).
To be eligible for a loaner, your repair must meet the following requirements:
- Any Apple® MacBook model that is purchased from Technology Connection.
- The computer must have been enrolled in the loaner program at the time of purchase.
- Loaner coverage is good for a maximum of 4 years, for as long as the student remains enrolled at Tulane University.
- The computer must be in working order at the time of purchase/enrollment in the loaner program.
- Repair loaners must be returned within one business day of notification of completed repair. If returned late, user is subject to rental fees.
- Repair loaners must be returned in the same condition as issued. Damage or loss will be billed to the user.
- Loaners are on a first-come basis and are subject to availability.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Should you need to check in your computer for repair, we will verify your participation in one of the loaner programs and if applicable, offer you the applicable loaner.
If conditions allow, we will swap the hard drive from your broken computer into our loaner computer, and then reverse the process to your repaired computer. During normal weekday business hours, our technicians will verify that your hard drive and operating system are in working order and then transfer your hard drive to a loaner computer. This process normally takes 3-4 business hours. When your repair is complete, we will reverse the process by moving your hard drive back into your repaired computer.
For All Others
For computers that do not allow for "Hot Swap" hard drives (as listed above), we will loan the student a MacBook Pro. It will then be responsibility of the student to copy needed data to-and-from their computer and the loaner computer so that they can continue working.
Repair loaners must be returned within one business day of notification that your computer repair is complete and ready for pick-up. If the loaner is returned after the return due date, the borrower is subject to additional published fees. The repair loaner is to be returned in the same condition as issued. The user is responsible for any damage or loss which occurs.
Technology Connection is not responsible for damage to the borrowers’ data storage device(s) or loss of data including applications. Customers are responsible for their own backups. We highly recommend you back up your computer daily, and before any services are performed.
Terms updated June 19, 2020 and are subject to change.
Previous Loaner Programs:
If you enrolled in Technology Connection's Loaner Program before July 2017, click here.
Technology Connection offers an industry-unique loaner program on select computers. Depending on the model of the computer you purchase from Technology Connection, we may offer either a "hot swap" loaner or a loaner laptop with generic software.
If you enrolled in Technology Connection's Loaner Program before July 2016, click below:
Click here for 2016 Laptop Repair Loaner Program information.